All marketing materials should be provided at least 3 working days before the start of the campaign.
If for any reason there is a delay in advertising materials delivery, the final deadline to send technically correct materials is the last working day before publication till 16:00. In case of exceeding the final deadline, preparing of materials for publication may be postponed to the next working day, thus delaying the start of a campaign. Compensations in this case will not be granted.
If the banner technically differs from the standard it’s necessary to specify exact technical requirements before creating it and coordinate the possibility of placing such banner on the Inbox.lv portal. Since all non-standard solutions need to be tested on the real environment, banner should be provided at least 4 days prior the start of the campaign. Otherwise Inbox.lv reserves the right to detain start of the campaign for the term necessary for testing, without granting the compensations.
Adding sound to flash banner is allowed only with approval of Inbox.lv. The mute sound button should be provided if sound is used.
Advertising link (URL)
Link must open Web page with information about advertising campaign; It’s recommended to use only Latin characters in an URL. After click on banner link should be opened in a new window.
Please strictly follow our technical specifications regarding banner weight.
Requirements for formats
The HTML code should be written according to all HTML standards. Inbox.lv doesn’t hold responsibility for situations, if banner is displayed incorrectly in some Internet browsers because of incorrect code. Correctness of the code can be checked up on page //validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input
HTML file with presentation of advertising solution should be in .ZIP archive file, usage of the following file types is allowed as well:
Number and structure of files
Number of the files should correspond to the number of banner solutions. For example, if there is only one variant in Latvian language then one .HTML or .ZIP file should be sent. If there are two creatives – one in Latvian language and second in Russian language – then for each language a separate file is needed – LAT.zip or LAT.html and RU.zip or RU.html.
Domain URL for the landing page should be sent together with banner creatives.
If ZIP archive is sent:
- total number of files in the archive should not exceed 15;
- only one .HTML file is allowed;
- we strongly recommend to use index.html name for .HTML file or to use any other suitable short name;
- it is inadvisable to use file names that could cause reaction from ad blocker software, like, for example, ads.html;
- after ZIP file uncompressing .HTML file of the solution should be accessible in the first level, it is not allowed to hide HTML into other folders.
According the banner solution for which HTML code is written.
Up to 300 KB for all uncompressed banner elements combined, up to 150KB – for images.
Link (URL) and clicks count
- Links to the landing page should be embedded into the banner code. If third party scripts are used for clicks count they should be embedded into the code as well.
- Number of links to the landing page is not limited.
- All links should lead to one domain. If HTML file contains links to different domains it is necessary to inform banner administrator about this issue at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise all links will open pages of only one domain (out of those available in the HTML code).
- By default Inbox.lv banner exchange system will gather total amount of clicks from all landing page URLs.
- Link has to be connected only with web page of advertising campaign. It is recommended to use only Latin letters while creating the link. After clicking on a banner the link should open in a new window.
Outer resources and tracking codes for third party statistics
It is allowed to embed URLs to outer sources into HTML code. Statistics tracking codes should be embedded into banner code as well. In such cases the following security measures are mandatory:
Links to scripts, .CSS and images should correspond to SSL standard, i.e. should start with HTTPS:// or protocol-relative links should be used.
If a banner with irrelevant link is placed on SSL product, the safety of the product may be endangered and users will be warned with special messages. Besides, the banner itself may be displayed incorrectly and even won’t be displayed at all.
Banners that do not correspond to SSL standard will not be placed. If protocol in the content of a third person’s banner will be changed from safe to unsafe during the banner’s demonstration it will be removed immediately and the client will be informed about that.
Code correctness and banner view
HTML code should be written in correspondence with all HTML standards.
Inbox.lv does not guarantee identical and correct view of banners in different browsers. When writing HTML banner code you have to make sure that it is displayed correctly in all popular browsers. For example, Firefox 84.0+/MSIE 11.0+/Chrome 87.0+.
Inbox.lv is not responsible for situations when a banner is displayed incorrectly or differently in some browsers because of incorrect/undebugged code.
When using HTML5 tags in banners it should be taken into account that some users still use browsers without HTML5 support.
Profile: Baseline Profile (recommended), Main, High.
Scan type: Progressive. If your video is interlaced, de-interlace it.
Loudness: Max allowed loudness is -23 LKFS and Peak Level max -9dB
Poster: Poster image also should be provided to be displayed while video is loading or if video is not supported.
Banner technical data
The current technical requirements for the inbox banners are available here – //pricelist.inbox.lv/?page_id=15&lang=en.
Third party JS code requirements for publishing at Inbox.lv
Inbokss Ltd accepts third party JS codes – tracking scripts and serving scripts.
Codes will be published only if they meet the following requirements:
- JS code must run without errors and be syntactically correctly written or have to ensure errors hiding, for example, using window.onerror functionality. Example:
< / script >
- External JS libraries should be added dynamically – without the use of „< script src = ' other.js ' >< / script >”.
- It’s prohibited to use the “eval” and “document.write” functions. The exception is serving scripts that can be inserted into < iframe >.
- Do not specify the protocol, i.e. use the following notation: //www.code.lv. The non-ssl banner will not work correctly on ssl product.
- Codes, which do not meet the above requirements will not be published with prior notice to the applicant.
In addition it is advisable to:
- Prevent browser form caching the tracking code requests. For example, if < img > element is used for tracking, then for every request (img link) there should be added some unique parameter, for instance, timestamp.
Purpose of the codes must be clearly defined.
Third party serving companies must ensure that creative delivery time to user via the serving code does not exceed 200ms.
Security requirements for remote content banners and statistics tracking codes
All statistics tracking pixels and third-party content banners – links to scripts, css and images, as well as the URL on the banner must comply with the SSL standard, that is, to begin with https: // or use protocol relative urls.
If the SSL product contains a banner that uses inappropriate connection, this endangers the safety of the product and users receive warning messages, the banner might not be displayed or appear incorrectly.
Banners that do not meet SSL standard won’t be placed. If a third-party banner’s content will be changed from a secure protocol to an unsecure during its operation, this banner will be immediately turned off, with a notification sent to a customer.